Friday, February 15, 2008

Poetry! Poetry! Poetry!

Wow! I can't believe I'm blogging. Computer slow-poke me has finally figured it out and here I am. Sweet!

Poetry, for me, is magical, all forms of it. Some days it just seems to pour from me like water from a spout. Then, there's days where it feels like someone has shoved something into the spout and nothing comes out.

Last Monday I began an online poetry class with Laura Purdie Salas and I am loving it. If she offers any more I highly reommend it for the intermediate poets. She also has a beginners online course and one on writing non-fiction. I am writing poetry daily and learning to use new techniques and well as apply familiar ones.

Yesterday in class we wrote poems using metaphors and similes and it was recommended we participate in the challenge at The Miss Rumphius Effect. So here goes...

A Leak

Drip! Drip! Drip!
Teardrops from the ceiling
Drip! Drip! Drip!
The beat of the metronome
Drip! Drip! Drip!
The twang of the metal bowl
Drip! Drip! Drip!
Music to the plumber!


by Marianne H. Nielsen, all rights reserved

No comments: