Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Monday Poetry Stretch

All the poet can do today is warn.
That is why true Poets must be truthful. ~~Wilfred Owen


Once again it is Miss Rumphius' Poetry Stretch, and a stretch it is. Here's my shot at an ottava rima.


A part of my dad’s brain died the other day,
A part of him is gone because he had a stroke,
Words get stuck and he has nothing to say,
He can’t even tell me another great joke,
No more soccer or hockey can we play,
His whole right side is completely broke,
I know one day he’ll be able to walk,
I also hope he’ll be able to talk.



As is often the case these days, my poetry projects what is or has been happening in our family life this past year. Good therapy, I say!

Thanks for this stretch it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be...

No comments: